We’ve looked at some of the best camping electric blankets on the market. Here are the ones we found to be the most efficient at keeping you warm in the woods. Oh and we’ve also included other options that were worth mentioning.
In a hurry? Check out our top pick: Cozee Heating Blanket
In this article we are reviewing the following camping heated blankets:
- ELUTO Electric Blanket
- Cozee Heating Blanket
- GMAYOO USB Heated Warm Blanket
- Agemore Mummy Sleeping Bag
- ORORO Heated Vest
I don’t know about you, but I often get cold at night when we’re camping, even in the middle of summer. Once the sun goes down and the exertion from the day is over, that chill just settles in. After spending more than a few nights shivering while sitting outside or trying to fall asleep, I decided to invest in a camping electric blanket. Let me tell you, it was so worth it.
With an electric blanket, you can stay warm wherever you go. You don’t have to hang out next a gas or propane heater all night. Here are a few tips and reviews to help you find the best electric blanket for camping, so you don’t spend your next trip shivering the night away.
Best Camping Heated Blanket - Reviews
1. ELUTO Electric Car Blanket - Best 12-volt electric blanket camping
- This 12-volt polar fleet heated blanket is perfect for cold weather or to use in a car or truck in case you get stuck. With the Eluto Electric Car Blanket, you can maintain your blood circulation and metabolism with an adjustable temperature level.
- You have the choice of low, medium, and high temperatures depending on your needs and the temperature outside. The Eluto uses a fleece fabric for its maximum heat retentions, plus it is super soft and comfortable to sleep with.
- The Eluto features an S-shaped curve heating distribution system that gives you super quick and uniform heating, so you don’t have to shiver long before it starts to work. Plus, it comes with a timer feature that turns off automatically after 45 minutes.
- Using a 12-volt power outlet, the blanket’s power cord plugs directly into the outlet making it super easy to use. Perfect for camping, road trips, and roadside emergencies, this electric blanket is easy to fold and store in your trunk.
- Output: DC 12V
- Size: 47.2 x 17 inches
- Rated Power: 32W
- Temp. Range: 70-150°F
- Power Cord: 47 inches
- Storage Bag: Yes
2. Cozee Heating Blanket - Best Battery Powered Heated Blanket
- This a battery-operated heated blanket that is made of soft fleece. Not only is it a good choice for camping, but you can also keep it in the car for emergencies or to use at your kids sporting events. This is a fully-integrated heating blanket that is also durable and, best of all, gives you full-body coverage.
- The Cozee Heating Blanket is water-resistant and comes with two USB ports, which is super handy to charge your personal devices as you stay warm. The micro-fleece interior is incredibly comfortable and holds in heat well. The water-resistant exterior protects you from the weather, in wet and snowy conditions.
- With a flexible wiring system, the Cozee is capable of giving you just enough heat all over your body. And, the best part, it comes with handy hand pockets for extra comfort.
- Featuring high, medium, and low settings, this blanket comes with a battery that delivers over five hours of continuous heat, which can definitely get you through the night. Featuring a special pocket that stores the battery, the Cozee battery is easy to charge using either a 12-volt input or a standard wall plus.
- Battery: 1 Lithium ion battery (included)
- Size: 60″ x 60″
- Rated Power: 96.2W
- Weight: 1.54 pounds
- Storage Bag: No
3. GMAYOO USB Heated Warm Shawl - Best USB Heated Blanket/Shawl
- This electric heated throw blanket comes with a handy pillowcase. Similar to a shawl, the GMAYOO is made with a soft fabric and high-quality heating material that is super cozy to wrap yourself up in.
- Made of a soft flannel fabric, the Gmayoo USB Heated Warm Shawl uses an internal heating element constructed of high-grade carbon fiber that heats up quickly and safely, both of which are a big plus when you’re camping. The three temperature settings can reach 131 degrees Fahrenheit on the highest setting, which can be nice when you have sore muscles from a hike or a day out surfing.
- With its multi-functional design, you can use this soft, heated shawl as a soft pillow if you fold it and put it in the included pillowcase. The design of the zipper is adjustable, which also makes it comfortable for wearing.
- Size: 48 x 40 x 0.6 inches
- Temp. Range: 104-122°F
- Size: 48 x 40 x 0.6 inches
- Weight: 1.9 pounds
- Storage Bag: No
4. Agemore Mummy Sleeping Bag - Best Heated Sleeping Bag
- The lightweight Agemore Mummy Sleeping Bag comes with a compression sack that makes it easy to carry and put in your pack. Made of lightweight polyester, the outer fabric is both wind and water-resistant.
- This easy to wash sleeping bag is designed to ensure you stay comfortable and warm. The Agemore comes with three temperature settings and you can use a 20,000 mAh mobile power bank to power it, which makes it perfect for hiking, camping, and outdoor activities.
- With the heating plates found on the waist, feet, and back areas, you will always be warm. It’s also easy to use by simply adjusting the heat setting by holding the setting button for three seconds.
- Battery: 20,000 mAh mobile power bank (not included)
- Size: 87 x 32 x 20 inches
- Temp. Range: 50°F (10°C) to 14°F (-10°C).
- Weight: 3.5 pounds
- Storage Bag: Yes
5. ORORO Heated Vest - Best Heated Vest for Camping and Hiking
- Next up is not a blanket or a sleeping bag, but an adjustable heated vest! We absolutely loved this vest so we had to add it to our list. It’s available in small to XXXL sizes. Designed to wear under your jacket, the ORORO Heated Vest is battery-operated, and it can be worn by the whole family.
- Using Carbon Fiber Far Infrared Far (FIR) Heating elements, this vest can help to improve your blood circulation, promote metabolism, and relieve muscle pain and rheumatism. The carbon fiber material is soft and safe providing a steady temperature, for up to 10 working hours, so it will last you through an entire day.
- Featuring a total of four heat panels across the collar, mid-back, as well as underneath two pockets, you can control the various areas with different buttons to warm yourself up or to treat whatever is hurting you that day. It also features a built-in thermal protection function that stops the jacket from producing heat when it reaches a certain temperature guaranteeing you won’t overheat.
- While promoting better health, the ORORO also helps your whole body stay warm in cold weather. This good looking vest is adjustable and easy to clean making it a great choice for camping, skiing, hunting, mountain climbing, or motorcycling.
- Battery: 7.4V UL/CE-certified battery
- Temp. Range: 100°F (low) – 130°F (high)
- Weight: 1 pound (with battery pack)
- Storage Bag: No
How to Charge a Camping Heated Blanket
There are a few ways to charge a camping heated blanket, two of which are surprisingly handy. Normally, you would expect to have to bring one of those noisy gas generators to the campsite to power anything. Not anymore. These days some generators are more compact and run on electricity. Plus, there are newly designed power banks that not only power your blanket, but they can also fit in your pocket, which is the best way to carry something when you’re hiking.
Traditionally, portable generators have been the way to power up anything at a campsite. With a modern twist, portable generators now run on electricity and can be easily recharged using your car battery or the sun. While these are smaller units, you can get up to 42,000mAh worth of power out of them, which can definitely power a portable electric blanket.
A portable generator is a great option for a 12-volt or USB powered electric blanket. And the best part of this option is that it can power other items at your campsite. This includes fans, a camping fridge, and your other personal devices.
The Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer is one of these portable generators that work well for camping or even an emergency outage at home. Eco-friendly and quiet, this compact generator is a great green power solution that is designed specifically to charge things like mini-coolers, laptops, and electric blankets. The Jackery is a great example of how far generators have come in the last few years.
Our next power source can actually be carried in your pocket, which is great when you’re hiking or backpacking. I mean, how awesome is a technology that you can carry something that will power a laptop or your electric blanket in your back pocket? With its small size, it’s a good alternative to the generator, especially if you really only have one or two things to power.
Make sure when choosing a power bank that it has the highest possible capacity (mAh) as well as the correct output to power your blanket. Some of these power banks can be recharged using solar panels and even come with two USB ports, so you can power your phone at the same time.
The Renogy Power Bank can not only power your electric blanket, but it also comes with a backup LED flashlight, which can definitely come in handy when you’re camping. It has a high capacity of 72000 mAh that can power a laptop, iPad, CPAP machine, and an electric blanket. This is also a super intelligent unit that comes with over-current, overcharge, and overheat protection and is a great choice to take with you on your next outdoor adventure.
Considerations When Choosing an Electric Blanket for Camping
Safety is, of course, key when choosing an electric blanket. Nobody wants to deal with something that might catch fire while you’re asleep, in the middle of the woods. Make sure your electric blanket has a UL or ETL marking on it, which shows that it follows strict safety standards. Also, check the type of plug it has to confirm that it works in the country where you are.
Make sure to buy your electric blanket close to the size of your bed or air mattress. Otherwise, you run the risk of damaging the elastics and cords of the blanket making it unusable, which is not fun to discover when you desperately need to warm up.
Ease of Use
Obviously, you want a battery powered electric blanket for camping that is easy to use, but this can actually have a few meanings. Make sure to think about the following:
When sharing a bed with someone, choose a heating blanket that is able to regulate the two halves of the bed using separate controls. This will help immensely if your spouse likes to sleep hotter or colder than you do, and this will ensure you both wake up happy.
If you sleep with pets, choose a low voltage heating blanket that won’t overheat them.
Make sure the blanket controls are large enough and easy to access, so you aren’t fumbling around in the middle of the night.
Choose a battery-powered electric blanket for camping that is appropriate where you live or plan to camp. Obviously, you want something that has a set range that will be able to keep you warm if the temperature dips below freezing.
You will find that most top-quality electric blankets come with up to ten different settings, so you should always be able to find a setting that you feel comfortable with. Most electric blankets will have a temperature range between 80⁰F and 108⁰F, which should keep the average person pretty toasty. Also, look for an electric blanket that can give you a consistent temperature by tracking your temperature choices and adjusting the blanket when needed.
Typically, a battery-powered electric blanket for camping will range between $35 and $200. Make sure to find an electric blanket that has the features you want, but also falls within your budget. Keep in mind that even if an electric blanket is expensive, it may offer more of the options you need and will most likely be of higher quality and more durable.
Some electric blankets will come with programmable settings allowing you to program them so that they start to heat up at a certain time. This can be a nice feature if you like the bed to be warm as soon as you get into it like me.
The Auto-off feature allows you to set the heat function to go off at a set time. This stops you from becoming too hot while you sleep, which can be just as bad as being too cold.
You will find that some electric blankets have a super handy digital screen that lets you read the controls during the night without having to find a flashlight, so you can reduce or increase the heat as needed.
Adjustable heat settings
Adjustable heat settings on your camping heated blanket will ensure you stay nice and toasty all night. This will allow you to choose the perfect temperature without always having to readjust it.
If you’re sharing your electric blanket, dual controls will help to adjust the setting for each side of the camping heated blanket. This way, you can both have the blanket set to your preferred temperature.
With a machine-washable electric blanket, you can remove the plugs and controls. This is super handy, so you can throw the blanket into the washing machine for easy maintenance. This is a must-have feature when you have kids!
Although all the heating devices above will do a great job at keeping you warm, the winner of our best camping electric blanket roundup is the Cozee Heating Blanket. We found this battery-operated heated blanket the most versatile as it’s perfect for camping, boating and sporting events. We liked that it’s water-resistant, it comes with hand pockets for extra comfort and, best of all, has two USB ports which are perfect for charging your iPhone or tablet.