Camping trips are always fun. They’re filled with bonfires, smores, beach events, and memorable family time. Though the thought of spending time outdoors may give you butterflies and give you feelings of excitement, there are a few things that might ruin your camping trip.
A hot, claustrophobic tent!
We’ve tested several tents to determine which one is the best tent with an AC port. We’ve looked at the construction, the ventilation attributes and the size of vents that can accommodate an AC unit.
In a hurry? Check out our top pick: E-Z UP Camping Cube with AC Port
Our Best Tents With AC Port
The ability of a tent to stay cool matters just as much as how spacious the tent is. Sure, you have a tent that can fit in two queen airbeds and 8 people comfortably, but does it have proper ventilation? Can it fit in an AC to help cool things down, especially during steamy summer nights?
Thus, if you can’t stand the heat, it’s a good idea to buy a tent that comes with an AC Port, especially if you‘re camping in humid climates.
In this article, we will talk about the best 6 must-have Camping Tents with an AC Port to make your camping trip comfortable and memorable (for the right reasons!). Besides, we will talk about what factors will ensure you buy the right type of product for your needs.
Ready to find the best tent with an AC port for your next camping trip? Read on!
Best Tents With an AC Port
Best Tent with AC Port Reviews
The following are reviews of 6 tents we believe are the best Camping Tents with an AC Port. All of these tents are guaranteed to tick most if not all of your requirements when it comes to cooling your tent down with an AC unit.
1. E-Z UP Camping Cube Tent with AC Port (Best Overall)
We gave the E-Z UP Camping Cube with AC Port 4.8 stars out of 5! The reason is simple – We believe it’s the best Camping Tent with an AC port that you can find in the market these days! It offers great airflow and can accommodate pretty much any AC unit through its large ground-level vent.
Some of its most admirable features include:
- The E-Z UP Camping Cube comes with a big opening which is perfect to use as a door for your pet or to insert an AC unit.
- This particular camping cube can house up to 6 people and your furry friends. The dimensions of the tent are 111 x 111 x 76 inches and offer around 541 cubic feet of living space!
- We liked how airy the E-Z Camping Cube is. You have the ideal ventilation and airflow throughout the whole tent. The large screened windows with the oversized screened door and the vented roof give you a nice airy space.
- It has heavy-duty clip hooks and loop closures as well as a plus s-hook which helps you to easily build up the structure of the tent without any hassle. It also has heavy-duty polyester flaps and a zipper as well.
- The tent blocks 90% of the UV radiations and has a protective floor. Furthermore, it has a power port on the side to run cord extensions to power up your devices.
- The only downside we found was that the E-Z UP Camping Cube can’t be used on its own. You need to buy one of the E-Z up straight leg frame shelters to hold it up. This was not a deal-breaker for us though because not only does the shelter provide great protection, but you can also use it on its own as a beach shelter.
2. QOMOTOP Camping tent with AC Port
The QOMOTOP is one of our favorite camping tents with an AC port because we found it to be the easiest and quickest to put up. Thus, we gave the QOMOTOP tent 4.5 stars out of 5!
- The QOMOTOP camping Tent come in several sizes from to up to 10 people. It’s ideal for a big family or group of friends. The one we looked at can accommodate 8 people comfortably. With its 13 x 9 feet area and 78 inches central height, the tent can easily store 2 queen-size mattresses.
- The tent embraces telescoping poles that come pre-attached making the entire set-up process quite easy. The company claims that if two people were to install the tent, it would only take them 60 seconds!
- With full seam taped from the floor up to the rain-fly, the unit is 100% waterproof. Moreover, the tent has a 600 mm PU coating which further helps the tent to remain protected against water damage.
- It has a floor vent and a mesh roof which provides great ventilation. This keeps the fresh air inside the tent and extracts the hot, carbon-dioxide-rich air out of the tent.
- The package includes everything you need to set it up in three stuff bags. It comes with a rain-fly, a room divider, one cord access, a welcome mat, six double-layer windows with zippers, and finally two doors in the front.
3. Wenzel Camping Tent with AC Port
With a measurement of 16 x 11 feet, the Wenzel Tent with an AC Port is perfect for a large group of friends or family. It can host 8 sleeping bags comfortably in its spacious 98 + 60 square foot area. We gave it 4.3 stars out of 5!
- The Wenzel Tent with AC Port features a convertible screen room with an inverted ‘T’ style door. It has zippered windows with inside flaps which give you a spacious area to sleep without compromising your privacy.
- The Wendel tent has great ventilation characteristics. It includes a seam-sealed fly which can easily be removed, as well as mesh roof vents, and 3 side windows with zips that have flaps on the inside.
- This tent is built strong with its shock-corded fiberglass roof frame, steel uprights, and corner elbows. Furthermore, it includes a ring and pin to make the set-up easy.
- The fabric of the tent is made from polyester with a coating of polyurethane. The Wenzel tent has double-stitched lap-felled seams to provide a shingle effect when it rains. All fabrics including the threads, webbing, and zippers have been treated to provide maximum water-resistance.
- The Wenzel tent also has a front screen awning and it’s fully protected against UV radiation.
4. Ozark Trail Tent with AC Port
Earning the title of the roomiest camping tent, it has 3 separate rooms and allows 12 people to sleep comfortably. we gave the Ozark Trail Tent with AC Port 3.9 stars out of 5!
- The Ozark Trail Tent has a space of 16’ x 16’ and can easily fit in 3 queen airbeds without any cramping. Furthermore, it can accommodate 12 people at a time!
- The unit is easy to install and takes a maximum of 2 minutes. The Cabin tent requires no assembly since the poles come pre-attached. All you have to do is unfold the tent and extend it!
- The tent offers you a front awning and two internal room dividers so that you can relax into the wild without compromising on your privacy.
- The tent also has 7 fully closable windows.
- The tent features an oversized ground vent that can easily fit in an air conditioner to provide you with cool breezy air!
5. Core 9 Instant Cabin Tent With AC Port
Featuring a large T-Door, room divider, and an electrical cord access port, we can just say that the Core 9 Instant Cabin Tent has the best extra features! For this, it has earned itself 4.5 stars out of 5!
- The core 9 Cabin Tent with Cord Access Port claims that it needs only a mere 60 seconds to setup.
- Its spacious 14 x 9′ floor is large enough to make the space comfortable for 9 people! Furthermore, it can fit two queen air mattresses.
- The tent possesses the CORE H2O Block technology. This helps to keep the water out of your tent. The seams are heat-sealed from top to bottom so that even in a heavy downpour, you and your belongings remain completely dry in the tent!
- The tent also has advanced ground vents that allow the cool and refreshing air to enter into the tent through its adjustable air intake vents. If the vents are not enough, you can always remove the rain fly and fall asleep looking at the stars through its oversized mesh ceiling panels.
- The unit has a small electrical cord access port that you can use for AC as well as for extension cords. When not in use, the port can easily be closed.
6. Coleman Elite WeatherMaster Tent with AC Port
The Coleman Elite WeatherMaster Camping Tent is perfectly protected from all the things that could damage the tent. The frame is a wind-strong with guy-out triangle with redesigned poles to stabilize the entire structure. This earns it 4 stars out of 5!
- Made from Polyester Taffeta 75D, the Coleman Elite WeatherMaster with Access Port can accommodate 6 people.
- The unit has an integrated LED system that offers you three different brightness settings as an overhead interior light.
- The unit also has a 9 x 6 feet screen room that gives you a vast area to relax and enjoy your surroundings without any bugs creeping inside. This screen room can also be used as a sleeping area on the warm nights.
- The tent has room to conveniently house 2 queen airbeds and has a 6 feet and 8-inch center height.
- The unit embraces a WeatherTec System as well as a rainfly. It helps to keep your tent dry and well-ventilated even during storms. The unit has a reliable, sturdy, and durable frame which helps the tent withstand windy days and rainy nights without wavering from its place.
- Furthermore, the E-Port makes sure that you can easily plug in an AC or other electrical devices inside your tent.
Camping Tents with an AC Port Buying Guide
In this section, we talk about all the different factors that can help you identify the best camping tent with an AC port.
Things To Consider in a Camping Tent With AC Port
The Material of the Camping Tent
The first and foremost aspect to consider in a Camping tent with an AC port should be the material it’s made of. This is important since the material will determine how well an AC can work in the tent.
Polyester, Polyurethane, and Nylon are popular materials among many campers. The reason is that these fabrics are water-resistant, are easy to maintain, and are affordable. Thus, try to buy a tent that’s made from either of these three materials.
After inspecting the fabric, check it’s Denier count. That is a standard measure used to examine the thickness and weight of the threads of fabric. This will ensure that you have a seamless tent that won’t let any water in and will withstand harsh weather conditions.
The location of the AC Port
This might seem like a small detail but it is very essential. The power port should always be positioned either on the bottom or side of your tent.
The AC port should not be in a position where it breathes out cold air right on your face. Cold air and heads are not a great combination.
If we dive into the medical facts, cold air causes our teeth to chatter and our body to shiver. This is due to the stimulation of the nerves in our face due to the cold air. When the cold is blowing directly on your head, the chattering makes the blood vessels contract to prevent the escape of heat from your body. This in turn might give you a headache.
Thus, inspect the location of the AC Port. Will all the people sleep in the tent have a sufficient supply of cold air without anyone lying directly in front of the AC?
Aim to position the mattresses so that the air blows on your feet instead.
The Size of The Port
If you’ve already brought a tent and you’re looking for an AC. Then note the dimensions of the port and the tent. Then, hunt for an AC that fits like a glove into that port.
Most experts say that an AC with a power of 5000 BTU will work perfectly well in a standard-sized camping tent. However, as the size of the tent increases, the power you need to cool the tent also increases.
If you’ve brought an AC and you’re looking for a tent with a port, note the dimensions of your AC and find a tent that can easily fit the AC in the port. Then, note the BTU of the AC and invest in a tent that can be cooled down easily with your AC unit. Usually, a 12 x 16 inches tent will cool down easily with a unit with 5000BTU.
Last but not the least, take note of the installation process. Is it easy? How much time does it require to set-up? How many people does it require for installation? Is there an instructions manual that could help me out?
If you get satisfactory answers to each one of these questions, then go ahead and buy the camping tent you have your eyes on!
However, if we talk generally, the tents we’ve reviewed above take a maximum of 2 minutes to set up and require one or two people.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it safe to use an air conditioner in a tent?
Yes, it is safe to use an air conditioner in a tent. While camping, you do need an air source. In addition to the ventilation system to keep your tent cool and fresh. Thus, this is when an AC comes in.
Just take all the necessary precautions while using an AC in a tent to make sure you do not come face to face with an electrical hazard.
Q2. What size AC should I get for my tent?
The size of the AC is directly proportional to the size of your tent. Many experts recommend that you buy a unit that has at least 5000 BTU (British thermal unit; a unit of heat).
However, as the size of the tent increases, an AC with more BTU is required. Thus, make sure you measure the area of your tent before investing in an AC.
Q3. How can I insulate my tent to help the AC?
There are several ways through which you can insulate your Camping tent to help the AC. A few general ways to help cool down your tent during warm summer nights are as follows.
While looking for a campsite, try to locate a place that has a lot of trees around. The trees will provide you shade from direct sunlight which will help to keep the tent cool as well as aid the AC in cooling down your tent.
A reflective Sunshade always comes in handy when you are camping. The main function of these shades is to reflect the sunlight so that it does not penetrate through your tent.
Put up a tarp over the tent or cover it with a flysheet to stop the sun from entering. Keep all doors, windows and openings closed.
If your tent is old and has a few holes and leaks across the seams, you can use duct tape to efficiently seal the holes. So, when you turn on the AC, the air remains inside the tent and does not seep through the holes.
Buying a tent that has proper ventilation will also help your AC unit to cool down the tent faster once you start it. You can unzip your tent during the day so that the heat can escape.
Q4. Will air conditioning affect humidity inside the tent?
Air conditioning systems usually work to remove moisture from the air. They pass over melted ice and blow cool air into your tent.
However, when the humidity levels rise, most systems are unable to cope. Thus, in humid climates, your AC system might cancel out the cooling effect which will cause more humidity to build inside your tent.
In a nutshell, whether your Ac will increase or decrease the humidity inside a tent depends upon the weather where you’re camping at. If the climate is humid, the AC might not be able to remove all the humidity from inside the tent. Although, if the weather is dry, the AC will keep things fresh and cool inside your tent.
With all that said, there are plenty of other ways to keep your tent humid-free even when during a humid climate! All you have to do is open the windows and let the cool air in. That will help to decrease the humidity levels inside the tent and maintain proper ventilation.
If we look at the above products the E-Z UP Camping Cube with AC Port is our favorite and deserves first place. It’s loaded with all the essential features to ensure you have a comfortable camping experience. The tent has protective floors, heavy-duty clips, hooks, and flaps which ensure it’s not only great in quality but also easy to set up.
Our runner up; the QOMOTOP Camping Tent with AC Port is a perfect tent to buy if you’re going camping with a large group of people. It can accommodate up to 10 people. Furthermore, it has a polyester and polyurethane fabric which makes it resistant to wet weather conditions and dust.
At the end of the day, your personal preference and requirements can dictate which tent with an AC port is ideal for you. Keeping in mind the factors that we’ve discussed, we’re certain that you’ll be able to find your perfect tent. Happy Camping!